1. DBS Checks. All Junior Managers and Coaches must be DBS checked by the Club’s Welfare Officer. Detailed information on ‘Safeguarding Children’ is at Safeguarding Children. Please ensure that you follow all the instructions and report any incidents or concerns to the Club Welfare Officer.
Safeguarding Courses are also available, subsidized by the Club, details from the Junior Academy Director. The current DBS status of managers and coaches is at Managers and Coaches DBS.
2. Good Practice when Working with Young People. Please read the attached England Hockey Good Practice guide. It gives useful Do’s and Dont’s on issues such as Communication, Transportation and Changing Rooms when working with young people. Safeguarding Do’s and Dont’s
You can also view the England Hockey Safeguarding Investigations procedures here:
3. Selection and Conduct. Team Managers should be familiar with the Club Code and its Selection and Conduct policies. These are mainly aimed at the Senior Teams, so Academy-specific documents have been written for this season and you will need to familiarise yourself with them. Remember also that many Juniors from 13 years upwards play Senior Hockey. You will also want to refer to the new Junior Player coaching philosophy here:
4. Attendance Records. Attendance Records can be accessed on line from Club Buzz and will be set up for all the junior training sessions. For information on how to use this facility please read the information below:
5. Pre-Season Tasks – Squad Selection and Use of TBBHC Website. As a Team Manager, you have special access permissions for the website which allow you to select a training squad on the TBBHC website – details of how to do this are contained within the Clubbuzz Website Guide which shows you how to assign players to your Squad for the season (p 4) and how to schedule your team’s fixtures, make selections, file match records and reports, and communicate to your team members (see p14 – 19). OR please click on the links below for certain processes:
6. Team Selection and Notification. A week before a match, you should select and notify your Matchday Squad using the website – why not use this Team Selection Guide produced by Sophie Field with screenshots to show you how to do Match Selections. Please ensure that you communicate early and positively with the players you are not able to select and explain things to them and / or their parents as appropriate.
7. First Aid and Safety. Player and spectator safety is paramount – hockey can be a dangerous sport. Team Managers should ensure that they have a full First Aid Kit for home and away matches, which can be order via the Junior Academy Director. Any additional assistance must be obtained from the STV Reception (phone number below) who will also be able to provide direct ambulance access to the pitch should it be required. The STV Reception also holds the nearest defibrillator. Particular care should be taken with blunt force trauma injuries (stick / ball) to the head and neck area and medical advice always sought. Further details are contained here on Player Safety.
Please click here to access a Accident Report Form. Once completed a copy must be sent to the Club Welfare Officer and the Reception at the STV must also be informed
8. Lime Tree Hospitality. The process for post match hospitality is as follows:
- Nick Kendall emails Hospitality each Monday with match details for the coming weekend and copy relevant Managers & Ladies Fixture Sec (this will only apply to junior matches that we have agreed to supply food).
- Nick will keep them updated with any changes during the week. Matches cancelled at short notice(eg weather) – please inform Lime Tree using numbers in the Bad Weather Procedure (see below).
- Managers should establish from the opposition/home team how many for food (only players & officials), then ask as the till for that number of vouchers to be handed out.
- Any spare that might occur are to be returned – it’s important that “freebies” are not handed out as budget tight. The Club will be invoiced on number of tokens used.
9. Bad Weather Procedure. This is contained here: Bad Weather Procedure 2018-19 and it is important that it is followed.
10. Contacts. Please store the following numbers in your mobile phones:
- STV Duty Manager Office (01225 384418)
- STV Reception (01225 384454)
- Lime Tree management: 01225 383496 / Bar: 01225 384038